Filing for Elective Office
- Candidate must have filed to appoint a campaign treasurer before filing for
office or spending any money for their campaign.
- Ethics Commission Forms
- Local candidates and districts wholly within Montgomery County must turn treasurer appointment into Elections Central in Conroe
- Candidates in districts that comprise more than only Montgomery County must file with Texas Ethics Commission.
- Deliver completed, notarized application and filing fee or petition to appropriate entity.
- Filing begins Saturday, November 11, 2017 and ends Monday, December 11, 2017.
- Montgomery County Republican Headquarters will be open 9:00 a.m. to noon on Saturday, November 11, and will be open 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday, December 11.
- IMPORTANT: State Law requires that the application must be received at Montgomery County Republican Party Headquarters or Republican Party of Texas, whichever is the appropriate entity, no later than December 11, 2017, at 6:00 p.m.
- A December 11, 2017, postmark does not satisfy the state law deadline requirement.
- How to file:
- Download the application and fill it out
- Have it notarized (You must turn it in already notarized. We cannot notarize it for you.)
- Pay your filing fee when you turn in your application. Click here for fee amount. Or in lieu of a filing fee, you may collect signatures on a nominating petition. Contact Matt Murray at 936-788-8354 at Elections Central in Conroe to find out how many signatures will be required for the office you are filing for.
- Deliver notarized application and filing fee or petition to Republican Headquarters, either by mail or in person no later than 6:00 p.m. on December 11, 2017 (per Texas State Law, we cannot accept any applications after 6:00 p.m., December 11, 2017.
- Montgomery County Republican Party
310 Metcalf Street
Conroe, TX 77301
- Federal and candidates in districts that comprise more than only Montgomery County must file at Republican Party of Texas in Austin.
MCRP Candidate Email Ads
Republican Platform Support
Candidates can fill out the Self Review below. After completing the form, please scan it into a PDF and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post it on our website.